Dennis Pitta is the best receiving TE in the nation. I know this is an arguable point as Gresham from Oklahoma and Coffman from Missouri are very good also. The reason why I like Pitta is his incredible hands. Pitta has very soft hands and he has one of the quickest transitions from catch to tuck away that I have ever seen, especially when he is in the air. This allows him to absorb hits and still maintain possession. When you combine this trait with his ability to get open and run after the catch, he becomes numero uno. Pitta is also an underrated blocker. I believe he has become much better than Harline ever was at blocking. This should help to make sure he gets drafted and can stick in the NFL.
Most teams would love to have an Andrew George at TE. He is very talented, both as a blocker and a receiver. He gets overshadowed by Pitta's immense contribution but George is a vital cog in the BYU machine.
Kaneakua Friel hasn't had to play much this year. He looks like a prototype TE but it is early to know anything for sure. He didn't establish himself in his plays as the FB but that probably isn't very telling in his future at TE. Hopefully, he will continue to develop and be ready to step into the starter's role in 2010.
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
Tight Ends
Posted by Justin Miller at 11:14 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment